Elementalism was introduced into the human ecosystem around the year 380 ATU making it the newest power to be introduced into the world. Due to that fact, research is still being conducted in regards to the actual extent of an Elementalist's ability.
Elementalists were born into a world that had only really come to accept Mentalists and as such, their discovery caused a lot of unrest and misunderstanding of their abilities.
Elementalist humans are able to manipulate elemental reactions with direct physical or visual contact. The result of such manipulation vary between super heating solid objects, melting them or redirecting currents.
Further and more developed uses of Elementalism allows the user to manipulate open fires as well as controlling the flow of water.
CIPA has broken down Elementalism into the following sub-schools:
Elemental current control
The most common use of Elementalism is the ability control specific elemental currents with varying effects depending on the element being manipilated. This can extend to:
- Static charge
The second most common use of Elementalism is the ability to manipulate the properties of an object through direct contact. This can extend to:
- - An elementalist can freeze or melt objects on touch. Experienced elementalists can freeze more malleable objects (like water) into specific shapes and utilise them in combat, for example an elementalist can dip their hand into an open pool of water and freeze a section of it into the shape of a mace, formed onto the elementalist's arm.
- - An elementalist can use the same technique to superheat an object and cause it to melt, however this has varying degrees of success depending on the substance being manipulated
A rarer varient of the already rare power of Elementalism, certain people with this ability are able to exert their direct influence over objects that contain a large amount of their chosen element, or at least the means to create their chosen element. This can extend to:
- When their powers are used for extended periods of time, an Elementalist's eyes glow red
- Aerokinesis is commonly confused with Telekenesis , causing certain people to wonder if Elementalists have been around for much longer than they realise, but mistaken for mentalits
- Elementalists are wrongly believed to be able to control the weather. While this is not true, they can often sense changes in the weather, moments before those changes occur.